Thursday, February 26, 2009

Glass House Mountains-SOLD

copyright 2009 Hannah Phelps
oil on canvas, 6" x 10"

My last stop on my tour of Australia was Brisbane, Queensland to visit a good friend of mine. She took me to the Mary Cairncross Scenic Reserve in Maleny to take a walk in hopes of seeing some wildlife. In addition to bush turkeys (and other birds whose names I have since forgotten) we did catch a glimpse of a Red-legged Pademelon, a type of marsupial that is smaller than a wallaby. Not as exciting an event to an Australian perhaps, but I was thrilled! The entrance to the reserve offers a beautiful view of the Glass House Mountains in the distance.

Now, as then, it is time to leave summer and come home to New Hampshire, where there is still quite a bit of snow!



This painting has SOLD!!

No comments: