Friday, April 3, 2009

Horse in a Blue Coat

copyright 2009 Hannah Phelps
oil on board, 6" x 8"

The rainy and cloudy weather has kept me inside lately. Yesterday, however, was too nice to ignore and I grabbed my painting gear and went to a horse farm not too far from my house. This girl sort of posed for me. At least, she stayed in one place long enough for me to get a quick "gesture" of her and then I painted the background and her wonderful blue coat. It is raining again today, but I hope to return to the horse farm, and plein air painting in general, soon.


1 comment:

Lora said...

Ok - I'm an idiot. I just tried to comment on this and instead of commenting, I sent my comment to Kristen Hocker. Don't ask me how, but I did! ANYWAY - I love this painting :) It reminds me of Franz Marc - or at least I think that's who painted it - he - or some other Fauvist - also painted a Blue Horse! Nice work!