Friday, May 22, 2009

New Boston Esker

copyright 2009 Hannah Phelps
oil on canvas, 6" x 8"

I did this little sketch not too far from my house. I was with a group of painters who live here, and I decided to keep the composition simple and paint a sky study. For the record, this isn't a glacial esker, but one of my painting buddies called it an esker, and that is a good enough origin for the title of a sketch. The clouds raced across the sky, but I was able to "catch" them anyway.

It was nice to get to work as I have been nursing the oldest of my three Golden Retrievers back to health after an illness. The good news is that I have been painting again lately and the great news is that the dog, Winnie, is recovering.

So, here's to new beginnings!

NSF

1 comment:

Barbara said...

Good news about the dog AND the painting, Hannah!