Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Pup Aware


copyright 2010 Hannah Phelps
2.5" x 2" image size

Van Dyke Brown Akua waterbased inks on Stonehenge paper
unframed

It seems appropriate to start a new year with an image of a puppy. Here is my Golden Retriever, Hatrick, again, our model from the oil painting "Digging to Australia" (to view that painting click here). She posed for this drawing when she was just a puppy. I worked quickly to capture her fuzzy, curious face.

The magical process of solar plate etching allowed me to transfer this little drawing into a print. There are only ten of them in this brown edition and there may never be any more in any color. Each one is numbered (1/10, 2/10, etc) and signed on the front and back of the paper. It is shipped matted and on a stiff backing board.

I hope that 2010 is a great year for you-I have very high hopes for it and for Hatrick!

No comments: