Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Ready for Summer?


copyright Hannah Phelps
Swelling Water
oil on canvas, 9" x 12"

This morning, the dog paintings I've been sharing with you were delivered into the care of Sarah Chaffee and McGowan Fine Art, in preparation for the Unleashed fundraising exhibit. Remember, the reception is the 25th, which is less than two weeks away!

Now I can start thinking about some future projects! 

First of all, I promise I will be printmaking this summer! There are some copper etchings that need just a little bit more work, so you can look forward to more a la poupee prints like Ocean Point Scene II.

I have so many ideas for white-line woodcuts that I better do one soon or my brain might explode!

And of course, there will be plein air painting on the coast! All winter and spring, little ideas and experiments have popped into my mind for some plein air work and I am looking forward to trying them out.

All in all, stay tuned this summer. Even if it gets hot and lazy outside, I intend to keep creating!