Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Upcoming Events in New Hampshire!

copyright Hannah Phelps
Shining Sunflowers
oil on canvas
6" x 8"

All of a sudden, there is a lot to paint around here! 

I painted at Canterbury Shaker Village on Wednesday in preparation for a NH Plein Air event on August 1. These sunflowers are right near the parking lot. Maybe I didn't want to venture too far from the truck on a hot day, but their yellow cheeriness begged me to paint them.

And starting July 12, I will be traveling to Odiorne Point State Park and the Seacoast Science Center in Rye for their "Art in Nature" week long program. Artists will be painting and drawing there all week in preparation for a sale on Sunday July 18. 

I am doing something a little different for this event, so stay tuned for updates!

If you love the painting above, contact me!

2 comments:

MEG MITCHELL said...

What an absolutely beautiful painting. Thanks for sharing your art with us.

Hannah Phelps said...

Thanks, Meg!

I had a wonderful time painting this little piece - even though it was HOT!!