Thursday, March 22, 2012

Nice Day

 © Hannah Phelps
On the Shelf
oil on canvas, 6" x 6"

Was I predicting the future when I chose a bright sunny seascape for the March page of the 2012 Calendar?

I am headed out to the coast today for the first plein air painting excursion of the year. I am wondering if I should wear shorts.... It is only March. Even if it is hot enough I won't, just out of principle.

There is a little work to do before I get to the fun part. It will probably take all morning to pack my bag - my tools have drifted apart in the studio during the winter. What do I even bring? How does all that stuff fit in my backpack? Or in my truck?

Luckily, I am meeting another painter, so between the two of us we should remember anything we might really need.

Even better, spending a beautiful, sunny afternoon staring at the sea is actually my job. And my dogs get to join me in "the office."

It is going to be a great day.


_________________________________________



No comments: