Thursday, March 15, 2012

Day at the Museum

 How to Wrap Five Waves
artist: John Cederquist
Yesterday, I visited the Museum of Fine Arts in Boston, MA with a friend. It was my first time since they added the Art of the Americas wing - now the new home of some of my favorite pieces in the collection, including John Singer Sargeant's and Winslow Homer's paintings. It was exciting to see the brand new galleries and the familiar art and artifacts.

I would love to give a detailed rundown of our day, but the museum is absolutely HUGE now and my friend and I got lost several times trying to see specific things and I have no idea how we ended up anywhere. Of course, there is art all over the place, so while we were wandering around we ran into lots of great stuff to look at anyway.

I think we searched for Paper Zoo for hours before we gave up and decided to leave. At the last second we found it and had just enough energy to enjoy the exhibit of animal related works on paper.

The photo at the top of the post was shot in one of the contemporary galleries. Cool use of Hokusai's Great Wave, huh?


_______________________________________________

No comments: