Thursday, April 26, 2012

Cramming and Smashing

© Hannah Phelps
jigsaw reduction woodblock print

DONE!

I made this print the exact same way I created Maine Wave. I am going to do more of these - including using a woodblock, oil ink and a press. Before I do that, though, I am printing some more out of EZ cut blocks using water-based inks and a barren. Soon. I've already done the prep work.

I also have some prints from the block I showed you Monday. Photos coming....

And another white-line woodcut is nearly done and I have been out painting more waves. On top of that, I matted and inventoried a bunch of stuff for a local pop-up gallery. More about that next week, but there is information in the sidebar.

My brother-in-law says that there is always room for a dessert of ice cream even if you think you are too full of dinner, because it flows into all the little gaps left in your tummy. I don't know about that, but blogging around all this art making is feeling that way a little - worth the big creative bite, but a little cramped because I ate all the nutritious stuff first.

Not surprisingly, a healthy diet of painting and printmaking feels pretty good.

Bon Appetit!



________________________________________________

No comments: