Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Marsh Scene in Progress

© Hannah Phelps
Work in Progress
jigsaw reduction relief, printed by hand

Last week, I told you I was working on two different jigsaw prints - one at home and one at a printmaking studio with a press.

Of course, I was hoping that both of these prints would be in my upcoming solo exhibit at the Washington Printmakers Gallery in August. I have to admit now that it is not looking good for our friend from last week. What I thought was two more layers has turned into four at least.

The good news is that I am learning a ton from it. Some parts are working perfectly and I think I even know what I did! I will keep working on it, but there is no rush.

What about the second print? Progress is a little slower than I'd hoped, but it still might make it into the show. Maybe. If it behaves. 

If not, it is totally grounded and not coming with me to Silver Spring at the end of July.

I hope you are listening, print....






No comments: