Thursday, July 5, 2012

More Prints for August!

© Hannah Phelps
August Marsh
white-line woodcut print, 4" x 5"

Here is another print appearing in the "Plein Air to Print" exhibit coming up this August in Silver Spring, MD at the Washington Printmakers Gallery. 

The collection of prints in this show focuses on prints inspired by plein air drawings or paintings OR blocks I carved and inked right on site.

Usually there is a direct relationship between a painting and a print. Evening Wave, Monhegan Island and a little oil study I painted in 2010 are a perfect example of this.

Since I have painted this marsh scene a bunch of times, I used more than one painting to design and create this little print.

The opening of "Plein Air to Print" is coming up FAST and postcards will be going out soon. If you want to make sure you get one, send me your snail mail address!



No comments: