Thursday, May 9, 2013

Small Paintings From Big Paintings


© 2013 Hannah Phelps


Printmaking is going slowly. I did put another layer on the larger print, but since I added just a little white, I don't think a photo will be too exciting.

The paper for the jumbled mess I showed you last week is here and that will be done soon.

In the meantime, I am painting and painting. This is very good. My arm is doing great and I am having a lot of fun. 

I am kind of on a kick now - I am taking plein air paintings that I always loved but never really finished and painting from them. In the photo above, the older painting is the larger one on the left and the new one (brand new, juicy and wet!) is the small square on the right. 

As you can see, I cropped just a piece out of the bigger painting as the composition for the smaller one. 

I posted the new one on Daily Paintworks. And it is for sale.... 

No comments: